CHIPMAN ROAD ANIMAL CLINIC, LEE'S SUMMIT MO
Chipman Road Animal Clinic is searching for a Registerd Veterinary Technician to join our well established team of dedicated staff, 4 doctors and 4 RVTs. We are located in the heart of beautiful Lee's Summit, MO, which is a busy, fast growing commuity. This is a full time position where all skills as an RVT will be utilized. Applicant must possess strong work ethic, good team skills and be willling to work with others in a fast paced environment. We offer many competitive benefits including 401K, paid holiday and vacation days, health insurance, personal pet discounts and great hourly rate. Recent grads encouraged to apply. Please email resume to Dr. Angela Holt, email@example.com
The University of Missouri?s Emergency Veterinary Health Center at Kanas City is hiring part-time veterinary technicians. The hospital provides night, weekend and holiday patient care for animals that are critically ill, that are subject to change or deteriorate rapidly and that require technically complex and time-consuming treatment and monitoring. Veterinary Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Entering fees for all patients in a timely manner to promote excellent client service
- Ordering supplies and stocking the hospital daily with disposables
- Cleaning patient cages and the hospital facility
- Maintaining a wide variety of complex equipment that is vital for patient care
- Answering client phone calls and emergency questions
- Performing triage for animals presented for emergency care
- Assisting doctors with emergency procedures including keeping accurate medical records, catheter placement, phlebotomy, radiography, sedation, and anesthesia monitoring for emergency cases.
The salary range for this position is $13.27 - 22.73 per hour.
Hospital hours are Monday ? Thursday 6:00 p.m. ? 8 a.m. and Friday 6:00 p.m. ? Monday at 8:00 a.m. Shifts include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Graduation from a 2 year AVMA accredited Animal Health Technology Program or 4 years of experience performing Vet Technician duties.
- License for the State of Missouri or able to obtain Missouri License within 6 months after start date.
- Note: some professional degrees (DVM) would be acceptable and are considered equivalent or greater than Associates degree in Veterinary Technology.
If you would like to know more about the position please contact LeAnne Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 573-825-4021. To apply please refer to the University of Missouri careers page, Job ID 35560.
Work from Home as a Veterinary Technician!
Are you looking to gain experience in an interesting, new field? SafetyCall International (SCI), the parent company of Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) may have just what you are looking for! We are looking to add full-time (40 hours/week) staff to our team remote from the comfort and safety of your home!
Veterinary Information Specialist Description
The Veterinary Information Specialist position is responsible for responding to incoming cases on Pet Poison Helpline and SafetyCall?s industry side via the telephone, email, and chat applications regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings and other adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various household and consumer products, animal health products, plants, OTC products, dietary supplements, prescription drugs, and other chemical exposures. Specialists take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Specialists document each case in an electronic record and follow up as necessary to ensure the well-being of the animals and facilitate adverse event reporting on the industry side.
Please Note: Non Certified Veterinary Technicians/Assistants do not take the adverse event cases on the industry side.
Full-time, 40 hrs/week. Positions do not have a set schedule. Shift times and shift days will vary and include weekends, typically 2 per month and up to 3 during our busy season, and some holidays.
Evenings: Available shifts are 8 ½ hours long and shifts range from 2pm-2:30amCST. While we may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred as we operate 24/7. Overnights are not required.
Floats: Available shifts are 8 ½ hours long and shifts range from 5am-12:30am CST. While we may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred as we operate 24/7. Overnights are not required.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Active CVT/LVT/RVT License and 1+years of work experience in a veterinary clinic/hospital OR Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a veterinary technician (non-certified) or veterinary assistant performing technician responsibilities in a fast-paced veterinary clinic/hospital.
2. At least one year of emergency/critical care experience preferred
3. Ability to work varying shift times and varying days, including weekends as specified above.
4. Proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
5. Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages
6. Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional and empathetic
7. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
8. Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
9. Customer service focused attitude and behavior
Remote Agent Requirements
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service and a landline phone. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
To apply to as a Credentialed Veterinary Technician, click here.
To apply to as a Non Credentialed Veterinary Technician, click here.
Work from Home as a Veterinary Technician, Day Shifts!
The Industry Representative position is responsible for responding to incoming cases via the telephone regarding potential adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various animal health products manufactured by an animal health client of SafetyCall. Industry Representatives provide answers to general inquiries on routine product use, such as clarification and information slated on product labels or inserts, and document lack of efficacy cases, product complaints, customer service and other inquiry cases. This position may also respond to and process product refund requests. Industry Representatives take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Industry Representatives must accurately document each case in an electronic record to facilitate adverse event reporting and to ensure the well-being of the animals. Industry Representatives also handle minor human exposures to animal health products.
This position is a remote from home from home position. Employees must be willing to meet remote working environments in order to be eligible for the position (details below). Given the nature of the position, many pet owners are calling under emergency circumstances and are therefore in distress. Industry Representatives must be able to manage cases under pressure and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states.
During the slower season, November-March/April, this position will be trained to manage other types of calls and/or additional administrative or phone related tasks.
We are hiring for two (2) different teams. The scheduling options below are for each of the teams. Please note that Team 1 is only available to LVT/RVT/CVTs. Team 2 is available to LVT/RVT/CVTs AND unlicensed technicians who meet the requirements listed below.
Full-time, 40 hours per week. Normal hours are M-F, varying 8 ½ hour shifts between 8AM-5PM CST. April-October, very limited vacation use is permitted due to the workload. May include some weekends and holidays during the off season.
Full time, 40 hours per week. Hours are an 8 ½ hour shift between 7am-5pm CST. From May-September, the shifts will be Monday-Friday and limited paid time off (PTO) will be permitted. From October-April employees in this role will be expected to work two (2) weekend shifts per month (i.e. a Saturday and Sunday, two (2) Saturdays OR two (2) Sundays). Weekend shifts will also be within 7AM-5PM CST.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Active CVT/LVT/RVT Certification and at least 6 months of experience working in a veterinary clinic/hospital OR Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a veterinary technician (non-certified) or veterinary assistant performing technician responsibilities in a fast-paced veterinary clinic/hospital.
2. Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, accurate, professional, empathetic and compassionate on a regular basis, including during stressful or high-pressure situations and calls.
3. Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
4. Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
5. Ability to work varying shift times including some weekends and some holidays. Limited paid time off (PTO) will be permitted through the months of May-September.
6. Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
7. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
8. Ability to gather and analyze complex or diverse information.
9. Above average proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
10. Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients? products, procedures, and case detail as well as SCI?s operating procedures.
12. Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Remote Agent Requirements:
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain requirements including a land line telephone with the ability to connect to a headset (cell phones cannot be used), reliable, high-speed cable modem internet service and a designated home office area that meets ergonomic requirements and a locking file cabinet. Remote staff may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Click here to apply!
Solomon Veterinary Clinic is accepting resumes for a full time RVT or assistant. We are looking for a motivated, responsible and positive veterinary nurse to join our team. Excellent communication skills, being a team player, and willingness to help out where needed are a must. Willing to train the right candidate. Benefits include health and dental insurance, company matched retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discount, and a day off during the week. Email resume to email@example.com, or drop off at Solomon Veterinary Clinic, 7810 E. Funston, Wichita, KS 67207.
K-State Veterinary Center in Manhattan, KS often has job opportunity
Kansas State University Veterinary Health Center
Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University
Veterinary Technician Employment Opportunities
Veterinary Technician I or Veterinary Technician II or Veterinary Specialty Technician
Positions available in the following areas:
Equine, ICU, Small Animal Surgery
Minimum requirement for the Vet Tech I positions are graduation from an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technician Program.
Necessary special requirements: Must be registered as a paraprofessional under the authority of the Kansas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners within six months of appointment.
Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. KSU encourages diversity among its employees.
Background check required for the candidates selected for hire.
Complete job descriptions located at http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/listing/. Please submit all application materials by the closing date.
For a list of benefits offered by Kansas State University,