Emergency Pet Clinic - Corpus Christi is looking for a motivated Part-time Emergency Veterinary Technician to join our growing practice!
The right candidate:
- has at least 1 year of veterinary hospital experience
- has excellent customer service skills
- has strong communication skills
- is a team player
- is passionate about pets
- able to work nights, weekends and holidays
From running diagnostics to performing treatments, running anesthesia to answering the phones you will be kept busy as a vet tech at the Emergency Pet Clinic!
This is a part-time position that requires the ability to work overnights, weekends and holidays. At least one year experience is preferred. Compensation based on experience.
We pride ourselves on giving quality care to our emergent and critical care patients and their parents. If you are looking to join a great team, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!
$1000.00 sign on
Heart of Texas Specialty & Emergency Center is hiring a Surgical Veterinary Technician to join their INCREDIBLE team!
Heart of Texas Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Hospital is a busy multi-specialty veterinary hospital searching for a veterinary technician to join our exceptional and skilled surgery team.
The ideal candidate:
- 3 or more years of recent experience
- strong communication skills
- works well on a team
- has a flexible schedule
- critical thinking skills
- strong work ethic
of Texas Veterinary Specialty Center is looking for a surgical technician to
join its exceptional and skilled surgical team. If you're a team player with at
least 3 years experience in the veterinary field, this may be the perfect career
Put your extraordinary personal skills to work for a progressive surgical practice and supportive and enthusiastic organization whose key objective is to provide top quality and state of the art medicine for our patients. A flexible schedule is a must and this position does require working some evenings and weekends. The ability to work under minimal supervision and self-motivation to perform tasks and projects is a plus. If this is an accurate description of your work ethic we would love to hear from you.
We offer an extensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K, scrub allowance, generous pet discount, CE assistance, paid license fees, PTO, referral bonus program, sign on bonus and paid moving expenses.
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!
Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinary Technician to join our growing team!
Why Belton Animal Clinic and Exotic Care Center?
We?re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, CO2 laser, cold therapy laser, and ultrasound. Our hospital also offers acupuncture, exotic animal care, and we are proud to be Fear Free certified.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. Must have at least 2 years experience.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable), under veterinary supervision
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We?re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education
- Generous discount for your pets
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/6db43e972
JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Animal Health Technician
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
Case Exam- 24VS-APHIS-MA-2019-0140: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506458000
· Open & closing dates
12/06/2018 to 12/12/2018
· Pay scale & grade
GS 07 - 09
$41,365 to $65,778 per year
· Appointment type
· Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following locations:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
December 6, 2018
Veterinary Nursing Instructor
· Colby Community College, Colby, KS
Colby Community College is located in northwest Kansas, approximately 50 miles from the Nebraska and Colorado borders. From a humble beginning of the 99 students in 1964, CCC now serves more than 1900 students annually.
In addition to an 80-acre main campus, CCC has a 60-acre farm used as a hands-on laboratory and training facility. The college also accommodates hundreds of off-campus students through face-to-face, online, and hybrid courses.
A number of studies conclude CCC is a solid educational investment. Colby has a strong history of student performance, including the highest graduation rate among all Kansas community colleges.
Community College is accepting applications for a Full-Time Veterinary
Nursing Instructor in the On-Campus Veterinary Nursing Program.
Must have the ability to implement strategies that motivate students to
complete course objectives. In addition to on-campus and online instruction,
the successful candidate will assess student learning. An understanding of
learning technologies and the use of multi-media to enhance learning and
critical thinking is a must. Strong communication skills and the ability to
work with a diverse student population are necessary.
Mid 30?s, depending on education and experience.
Flexible benefits program which includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, life insurance, reimbursement accounts, sick leave and vacation leave allowances. Participation in state retirement program required.
Positions will remain open until filled. Submit a letter of application, resume, all postsecondary transcripts and references to:
ATTN: Human Resources
1255 S. Range Ave.
Colby, KS 67701
Materials may be emailed to hr(at)colbycc.edu.
· Must be a credentialed veterinary technician who has graduated from an AVMA CVTEA-accredited program and be a Kansas Registered Veterinary Technician or be able to obtain the qualification prior to starting the position.
· Must have a minimum of two years of experience working in a veterinary practice.
· Baccalaureate degree or above preferred.
CCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversifying its workforce and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
The successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Independence Community College is seeking applications for the position of a full time non-tenure-track Veterinary Technology Instructor. Independence Community College, a, rural, residential community college in southeast Kansas, serves approximately 3,000 full- and part-time students each year and has initiated continuous quality improvement through the Standard Pathway accreditation process. Independence Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICC encourages diversity among its employees.
The college is seeking a team-oriented professional for the position of Instructor of the Veterinary Technology program. The focus of teaching includes the core courses listed in the Veterinary Technology program, which range from basic animal facility management to veterinary surgical nursing and clinical skills.
The successful applicant must be a Licensed Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician licensed in the State of Kansas, or willing to become licensed in Kansas. College teaching experience preferred; demonstrated ability to work with students, other faculty, or community members required. Experience in private/clinical practice/zoo or wildlife industry, or laboratory setting also preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of Veterinary Technology Instructor position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, but only after full disclosure by the applicant.
1. Work is performed under the general direction of the licensed veterinarian on staff.
2. Position generally requires light work with occasional lifting of up to (30) pounds or more, carrying supplies, equipment. The job requires varying amounts of sitting, standing, climbing and walking.
3. This position requires the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
4. The ability to clearly communicate verbally with an excellent comprehension of the English language is essential.
5. The ability to handle animals of varying sizes and demeanors.
6. Work is generally performed in both an indoor (clinical/classroom) and an outdoor (agricultural) setting.
The Veterinary Technology Instructor is a 10-month, faculty position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and as per faculty contract salary schedule. The instructor reports to the Veterinary Technology Program Director.
First round review of completed applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. Application packets consist of a letter of application, resume, references and transcripts, (unofficial copies are acceptable for consideration), with a completed application for employment. Qualified candidates can apply on-line at www.indycc.edu/hr.
Independence Community College
Veterinary Technology Instructor
1. Timely completion of reports and communications including attendance, student performance standards, safety issues, outcomes assessment, grades, governmental and any other necessary reporting.
2. Collaborative, professional and responsible work behavior.
3. High degree of ethical standards, including confidentiality, adherence to general rules of safety, procedures, and fair labor standards.
4. Commitment to high professional standards, including professional growth.
5. Responsiveness to leadership.
6. Ensuring college assets (equipment, tools, vehicles, medications, animals, etc.) are safe and secure.
7. Ensuring students have a safe learning environment.
8. As needed, transporting students to and from the learning sites.
9. Adherence to institutional policies and procedures.
10. Adhere to the ethical standards of animal use and care set forth by the institution, the AVMA, and the USDA.
11. Ability to work collegially with employees, students and the public.
12. Serve as an effective ambassador for the college at all times, putting forth to others the best construct on the college and the program.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Veterinary Technology.
1. Must be a Veterinary Technician licensed in the State of Kansas.
2. College coursework in Veterinary Technology, science or math required.
3. Ability to instruct students effectively with sensitivity to diverse populations, learning styles and developmental needs.
4. Experience working with animals, under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian, assessing and addressing the animals? health and condition issues.
5. Content knowledge in the area of the assigned field of teaching and an interest in of facilitating student learning.
6. Community college teaching and experience and alternative course delivery systems preferred.
7. Ability to communicate fluently by both verbal and written means with the veterinarian, students and animal owners.
8. Valid driver?s license issued in the U.S., with the ability to maintain insurance under the college?s vehicle insurance plan.
9. Must be insurable by the college to perform the basic functions of the job.
10. Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Avimark, and Canvas desirable.
11. An educational philosophy in alignment with a small, rural comprehensive community college.
August 27, 2018
EMERGENCY ANIMAL CLINIC of TOPEKA [EACT]
5501 SW 29th St., Topeka KS 66614
EACT is seeking to fill a full time Registered Veterinary Technician position for our small animal after hours clinic in Topeka.
Hours of operation: Monday?Friday 5:30 to Midnight, Saturday Noon through Sunday Midnight,
And all Holidays.
Fully computerized, IDEXX lab, digital X-Ray, Surgery suite, two exam rooms.
Salary range: $37,500 to $45,500 dependent on qualifications.
Contact Dr. Peckham for information or to apply at: email@example.com
August 26, 2018
Outstanding opportunity for motivated, enthusiastic veterinary technician interested in practicing quality medicine and surgery. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Our 3-doctor, AAHA-certified hospital is a well-equipped computerized facility with digital radiology (general and dental), ultrasound with color doppler, pulse oximetry, ECG, tonometry, doppler blood pressure, and in-house diagnostic laboratory. We utilize the services of a Board Certified Radiologist to review imaging studies. Mentor with an ABVP diplomate and enjoy working with highly trained and utilized technical staff and willing clientele.
Salary is dependent on experience. Responsibilities will include:
· Prepare patients for surgery/dental procedures
· Monitor anesthesia and assist during surgery
· Perform routine dental cleanings
· Perform laboratory testing including fecal, urinalysis, ear cytology and blood diagnostics
· Follow-up with sick patients and surgery patients after discharge
· Maintain inventory for surgery, lab and surgery supplies
· Educate clients on treatments and vaccinations
· Prepare and take radiographs
· Assist veterinarians with exams
· Fill patient prescriptions in ?hospital and phone prescriptions to outside pharmacies
· Assist with training Tech Assistants
· Perform blood draws, nail trims and express anal glands
The schedule is typically four days a week and alternating Saturdays until noon, and will involve being on-call on a rotating basis.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , or stop by 4340 Clinton Parkway, Lawrence KS 66047 and apply in person.
July 31, 2018
K-State Veterinary Center in Manhattan, KS often has job opportunity
Kansas State University Veterinary Health Center
Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University
Veterinary Technician Employment Opportunities
Veterinary Technician I or Veterinary Technician II or Veterinary Specialty Technician
Positions available in the following areas:
Equine, ICU, Small Animal Surgery
Minimum requirement for the Vet Tech I positions are graduation from an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technician Program.
Necessary special requirements: Must be registered as a paraprofessional under the authority of the Kansas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners within six months of appointment.
Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. KSU encourages diversity among its employees.
Background check required for the candidates selected for hire.
Complete job descriptions located at http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/listing/. Please submit all application materials by the closing date.
For a list of benefits offered by Kansas State University,