Independence Community College is seeking applications for the position of a full time non-tenure-track Veterinary Technology Instructor. Independence Community College, a, rural, residential community college in southeast Kansas, serves approximately 3,000 full- and part-time students each year and has initiated continuous quality improvement through the Standard Pathway accreditation process. Independence Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICC encourages diversity among its employees.
The college is seeking a team-oriented professional for the position of Instructor of the Veterinary Technology program. The focus of teaching includes the core courses listed in the Veterinary Technology program, which range from basic animal facility management to veterinary surgical nursing and clinical skills.
The successful applicant must be a Licensed Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician licensed in the State of Kansas, or willing to become licensed in Kansas. College teaching experience preferred; demonstrated ability to work with students, other faculty, or community members required. Experience in private/clinical practice/zoo or wildlife industry, or laboratory setting also preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of Veterinary Technology Instructor position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, but only after full disclosure by the applicant.
1. Work is performed under the general direction of the licensed veterinarian on staff.
2. Position generally requires light work with occasional lifting of up to (30) pounds or more, carrying supplies, equipment. The job requires varying amounts of sitting, standing, climbing and walking.
3. This position requires the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
4. The ability to clearly communicate verbally with an excellent comprehension of the English language is essential.
5. The ability to handle animals of varying sizes and demeanors.
6. Work is generally performed in both an indoor (clinical/classroom) and an outdoor (agricultural) setting.
The Veterinary Technology Instructor is a 10-month, faculty position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and as per faculty contract salary schedule. The instructor reports to the Veterinary Technology Program Director.
First round review of completed applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. Application packets consist of a letter of application, resume, references and transcripts, (unofficial copies are acceptable for consideration), with a completed application for employment. Qualified candidates can apply on-line at www.indycc.edu/hr.
Independence Community College
Veterinary Technology Instructor
1. Timely completion of reports and communications including attendance, student performance standards, safety issues, outcomes assessment, grades, governmental and any other necessary reporting.
2. Collaborative, professional and responsible work behavior.
3. High degree of ethical standards, including confidentiality, adherence to general rules of safety, procedures, and fair labor standards.
4. Commitment to high professional standards, including professional growth.
5. Responsiveness to leadership.
6. Ensuring college assets (equipment, tools, vehicles, medications, animals, etc.) are safe and secure.
7. Ensuring students have a safe learning environment.
8. As needed, transporting students to and from the learning sites.
9. Adherence to institutional policies and procedures.
10. Adhere to the ethical standards of animal use and care set forth by the institution, the AVMA, and the USDA.
11. Ability to work collegially with employees, students and the public.
12. Serve as an effective ambassador for the college at all times, putting forth to others the best construct on the college and the program.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Veterinary Technology.
1. Must be a Veterinary Technician licensed in the State of Kansas.
2. College coursework in Veterinary Technology, science or math required.
3. Ability to instruct students effectively with sensitivity to diverse populations, learning styles and developmental needs.
4. Experience working with animals, under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian, assessing and addressing the animals? health and condition issues.
5. Content knowledge in the area of the assigned field of teaching and an interest in of facilitating student learning.
6. Community college teaching and experience and alternative course delivery systems preferred.
7. Ability to communicate fluently by both verbal and written means with the veterinarian, students and animal owners.
8. Valid driver?s license issued in the U.S., with the ability to maintain insurance under the college?s vehicle insurance plan.
9. Must be insurable by the college to perform the basic functions of the job.
10. Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Avimark, and Canvas desirable.
11. An educational philosophy in alignment with a small, rural comprehensive community college.
August 27, 2018
EMERGENCY ANIMAL CLINIC of TOPEKA [EACT]
5501 SW 29th St., Topeka KS 66614
EACT is seeking to fill a full time Registered Veterinary Technician position for our small animal after hours clinic in Topeka.
Hours of operation: Monday?Friday 5:30 to Midnight, Saturday Noon through Sunday Midnight,
And all Holidays.
Fully computerized, IDEXX lab, digital X-Ray, Surgery suite, two exam rooms.
Salary range: $37,500 to $45,500 dependent on qualifications.
Contact Dr. Peckham for information or to apply at: email@example.com
August 26, 2018
Outstanding opportunity for motivated, enthusiastic veterinary technician interested in practicing quality medicine and surgery. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Our 3-doctor, AAHA-certified hospital is a well-equipped computerized facility with digital radiology (general and dental), ultrasound with color doppler, pulse oximetry, ECG, tonometry, doppler blood pressure, and in-house diagnostic laboratory. We utilize the services of a Board Certified Radiologist to review imaging studies. Mentor with an ABVP diplomate and enjoy working with highly trained and utilized technical staff and willing clientele.
Salary is dependent on experience. Responsibilities will include:
· Prepare patients for surgery/dental procedures
· Monitor anesthesia and assist during surgery
· Perform routine dental cleanings
· Perform laboratory testing including fecal, urinalysis, ear cytology and blood diagnostics
· Follow-up with sick patients and surgery patients after discharge
· Maintain inventory for surgery, lab and surgery supplies
· Educate clients on treatments and vaccinations
· Prepare and take radiographs
· Assist veterinarians with exams
· Fill patient prescriptions in ?hospital and phone prescriptions to outside pharmacies
· Assist with training Tech Assistants
· Perform blood draws, nail trims and express anal glands
The schedule is typically four days a week and alternating Saturdays until noon, and will involve being on-call on a rotating basis.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , or stop by 4340 Clinton Parkway, Lawrence KS 66047 and apply in person.
July 31, 2018
K-State Veterinary Center in Manhattan, KS often has job opportunity
Kansas State University Veterinary Health Center
Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University
Veterinary Technician Employment Opportunities
Veterinary Technician I or Veterinary Technician II or Veterinary Specialty Technician
Positions available in the following areas:
Equine, ICU, Small Animal Surgery
Minimum requirement for the Vet Tech I positions are graduation from an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technician Program.
Necessary special requirements: Must be registered as a paraprofessional under the authority of the Kansas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners within six months of appointment.
Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. KSU encourages diversity among its employees.
Background check required for the candidates selected for hire.
Complete job descriptions located at http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/listing/. Please submit all application materials by the closing date.
For a list of benefits offered by Kansas State University,